Build Your Yoga Business

This blog will share tested marketing techniques that will help yoga teachers grow their business.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Build Your Yoga Business

Harlan's story:

I knew my body was in bad shape when I began taking yoga lessons. Getting into some of those poses was quite a challenge. But a bigger challenge was turning off my mind during yoga. Heck, my friends used to tell me that if you looked up the word "multi-tasking" in the dictionary, you'd find my name down as one of the definitions.

In my early yoga lessons, I remember how difficult it was to focus only on the positions. Sara tried repeatedly to get me back to the yoga but I was hopeless (I thought.) She was more patient and knew in time, yoga would work its magic.

My office is filled with marketing books. Everywhere you look there are books present. Sara would position me in ways I couldn't see the books and get distracted by them. So I had to go to take an extreme act to multi - task; I began to ask Sara about her yoga business.

Boy was I shocked with what I discovered. Stay tuned and I'll tell you more about it.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Siri Chand said…

    I know the feeling, in the beginning I struggled with a book to learn yoga. They said I was too young to take a yoga class. Finally when I made it to college I met my first yoga teacher. After him I was hooked...I moved to an Ashram in Tuscon Arizona and spent a year learning as much as I could...then I was sent to Nebraska to teach, but never was I ever taught how to market! If you can teach me that...Wha Guru!

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have used your suggestion to post on Craig's List & got my first new student from that suggestion this week. What was so funny is that she lived up the street from me. So even though I have advertized locally it was only through Craig's List that she responded.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home